Easter Services for Corinth, Hickory Creek, Lake Dallas, Shady Shores, Denton, Little Elm, and Lewisville
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Invitation to the observance of Lenten Discipline and Impostition of the Ashes with a special Children’s Message.
Lent Bible Study
The church will be offering a six-week study during the season of Lent.
Check back for more information that we will post here when it becomes available.
Easter Egg Hunt
Check back in Spring of 2020 for exact date and time!
Join us for our Easter Egg Hunt!
Sunday, April 5, 2020
8:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
Come witness the waving of the palms and help celebrate the entry of Christ into our lives.
The choir will bring our message to life through music.
Thursday, April 9, 2020
Join us for a special Maundy Thursday presentation depicting the events surrounding the Last Supper.
Friday, April 10, 2020
11:30 a.m. 7:00 p.m.
These services will reflect on the Passion of Christ through songs and readings. As the evening service comes to a conclusion, participants will leave in the shadows and quiet of the evening hours.
Easter Sunrise Service
Sunday, April 12, 2020
As this traditional service develops, the rising of the sun will bring to light the rising of our Lord and Savior. This service begins at 7:00 a.m. and will be held in the front parking area.
After the service, the United Methodist Men will be serving a pancake breakfast.
Sunday, April 12, 2020
8:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
Traditional Service: 8:30
This early service will be presented in a traditional format.
Contemporary Service: 9:45 a.m.
New this year will be a Contemporary Easter Service offered during the 9:45 a.m. worship hour.
Blended Service: 11:00 a.m.
A Blended Service, featuring both traditional Easter hymns and contemporary sounds, will be offered at 11:00 a.m.
Lent and Easter Resources
Find United Methodist Church resources for the Easter Season:
- Devotional Resources
- Family Resources
- Worship Resources
- Study Guides
Top 10 Things You Can DO for the Lenten Season
Lent is a time to return to God and re-focus our lives to be more in line with Jesus. It’s a 40 day trial run in changing your lifestyle and letting God change your heart. Here are some Top Ten ideas for fasting, service and prayer:
10. Try an electronic fast. Give up TV, Guitar Hero, texting, tweeting, e-mail and all things electronic for one day every week. (or everyday of Lent!) Use the time to read and pray.
9. Start a prayer rhythm. Say a prayer every time you brush your teeth, hear an ambulance, or check your e-mail. Before you text someone, pray for them.
8. Read one chapter in the Bible each day. (Matthew’s a good book to start with. Psalms, too.)
7. Forgive someone who doesn’t deserve it (maybe even yourself.)
6. Give up soft drinks, fast food, tea or coffee. Give the money you save to help folks in Haiti or others in crisis.
5. Create a daily quiet time. Spend 30 minutes a day in silence and prayer.
4. Cultivate a life of gratitude. Write someone a thank you letter each week and be aware of how many people have helped you along the way.
3. Be kind to someone each day.
2. Pray for others you see as you walk to and from classes or drive to and from work.
1. Volunteer one hour or more each week with a local shelter, tutoring program, nursing home, food bank or community project.